The KEA Multi-Tool is a great piece of gear that can be used in a variety of ways. This multi-tool is built tough with a 3 inch steel blade that holds it's edge and a strong set of pliers. The adaptable tool kit is an added bonus and is perfect for repairing gear on the go.
How to use:
- Open the blade to full extension until you hear it click into locked position
- To close push locking mechanism at the base of the blade handle to the left and this will free the blade
- Ensure knife is closed before opening pliers
- Locate the plier handle at the base of the tool and pull it all the way around the tool until the plier head is exposed and locks into place
- Push the handle and head togeather to close back into place.
Modular tool kit
- Open the 'Philips' screw driver piece on the tool
- Place the silver adaptor over the top of the screw driver head (the square shaped inset end of the adaptor)
- Place the tool pieces into the magnetic end of the adaptor to use
- To close, push locking mechanism at the base of the screw piece to the left and this will free the tool
- Open the can opener tool (on the far edge of the tool)
- Hold the tool parallel to the can and place the tooth shaped piece over the edge of the can
- Holding the tool sideways to the can, brace the hook against the can and use it as a lever to pierce the tooth into the lid.
- Rotate around the can and repeat each piercing motion until open.
- Open the bottle opener tool (the middle piece)
- Place bottle cap into slot until it locks in place
- Lift the tool upwards while holding the bottle stationary to open
Maintenance: To get the most use out of the tool, ensure it is stored clear & dry. You can oil any tight parts with WD40 or similar.